Optimize your Home’s Value, Style, and Efficiency with Vinyl Windows
It’s a fact that windows don’t last forever. Over time, they become old or damaged, leaving you with an ugly eyesore on your house and drafts. Outdated windows bring down the value of your home and require more maintenance. It doesn’t take long for old windows to become annoying.
To keep good windows and your sanity, windows need to be taken care of regularly and occasionally replaced. Choosing high-quality replacement windows are an excellent investment for your home. They will hold up better and last longer for your peace of mind.
If you’re looking for the best windows to invest in, Kelly Window and Door recommends vinyl replacement windows. Vinyl windows are long-lasting and attractive. They increase energy efficiency and your home’s value.
If you haven’t purchased replacement windows before, read this Vinyl Replacement Window Buying Guide to learn more about why vinyl windows are our top choice and how to choose the right ones for your home.
What are the Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Windows?
Have you been wondering if it’s time for new windows? Old windows just don’t do their job anymore. They look bad, are difficult to operate, and let the outside in.
If your windows are old or damaged, look for these telltale signs that it’s time for new vinyl replacement windows:
- Excess noise. If your windows offer little protection from outside noise, they may be cheaply made or sealed incorrectly.
- Drafts. If your closed windows let in a breeze or you notice higher utility bills, you may have any number of window problems that can be solved by more energy-efficient vinyl replacement windows.
- Difficult to operate. Windows that are difficult to open and close are annoying and a sign that your windows are very old or cheap. Windows that can no longer be locked are a security risk to your home and family.
- Broken or missing glass. Broken or missing glass window panes give your home a dilapidated appearance and let the elements in. While a patch might work short-term, this is a sure sign you need a new window.
- Outdated. Don’t let old windows mar your beautiful home. Outdated windows are unstylish and detract from an otherwise well-kept home.
- Condensation build-up. If you see moisture between layers of glass, you have failed seals and your windows are no longer insulated.
You don’t have to live with these problems. Vinyl replacement windows from Kelly Window & Door are an easy solution to all of your old window woes.
What Are the Benefits of Vinyl Windows?
Vinyl replacement windows offer many benefits. Because their frames are made from PVC, they are more durable than traditional wood frame windows and come in many appealing styles to suit your home. Here are some more benefits that make vinyl replacement windows a popular choice among homeowners:
- Weather-resistant. Vinyl is resistant to heat, mold, rot, moisture, and UV rays. It will not warp from weather fluctuations.
- Long-lasting. Because they stand up to the elements, vinyl windows can last as long as 20 years.
- Energy-efficient. Old windows let outside temperatures in and raise your utility bill. Vinyl windows have superior insulation to keep your home at an even temperature.
- Easy maintenance. Vinyl windows are easy to clean. They do not chip, fade, or scratch. And if you want to paint them, you don’t have to sand them like wood frames!
- Sound Reduction. Vinyl not only insulates your home from the weather but from outside noise as well. They are ideal for homeowners who want some peace and quiet.
- Affordable. Because vinyl is an easy product to manufacture and work with, vinyl windows are some of the cost effective on the market. Installation is also easier than other window materials, which makes the process less expensive.
- Increased home value. Prospective home buyers love updated windows. Long-lasting vinyl replacement windows are the kind of investment they are drawn to and can add money to the final asking price.
- Multiple styles. Vinyl replacement windows come in nearly every possible style so you can find the perfect windows to enhance your home’s curb appeal.
All of these benefits make vinyl replacement windows an easy choice when it’s time to upgrade your home’s windows.
Do Windows Impact the Energy Efficiency of Your Home?
You might be surprised to find how much impact windows make on energy efficiency. Old windows that no longer fit their frames or have broken seals let out the temperature-controlled air in your home and create drafts. Conversely, new windows like vinyl replacement windows are extremely energy efficient.
Window manufacturers know how important energy efficiency is to homeowners today. That’s why new windows come with energy-efficient features like low-emissivity coated glass and foam-enhanced frames. Vinyl windows also don’t degrade and come loose or develop cracks in the seals as soon as other windows.
This energy-efficiency saves homeowners money in the long-term. Your HVAC system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your home cool or warm when your windows trap interior air better. This means it takes less energy to run the system and you save money on your utility bill. Energy-efficient windows are an excellent money-saving investment.
How to Choose the Best Vinyl Window Styles for Your Home
Every home has a unique aesthetic and every homeowner has their own tastes. When you buy vinyl replacement windows, you want to choose ones that suit both your home and yourself. After all, you’re the one looking at them every day! Here are some things to consider when selecting your new vinyl replacement windows.
First, you should know there are several styles of windows. You can explore these with your window contractor to see examples and pick what you like best. You will also need to pick styles that fit your existing window openings and match the architecture of your home. It might look odd to have contemporary frames on a classic-style house or vice versa.
Luckily, vinyl windows come in an assortment of styles and dimensions to fit every homeowner’s vision. Each has a unique look and benefits to help decide which are right for you. Here are a few popular styles you might see:
- Bay & Bow
You also want to pick windows with frames that complement your home’s decor. Vinyl window frames come in many attractive neutral colors that are easy to match both your home’s interior and exterior. You can decide if you want your frames to blend in or stand out and pick a corresponding color. A coordinating color will match your decor and help disguise your windows while a contrasting color will enhance them and make them pop.
If you have lots of hands and paws touching your windows, you might consider choosing a practical color, like a beige, that hides dirt and smudges in between cleanings. For difficult to reach windows, however, you can choose any color you fancy from bright whites to glossy black.
How to Visualize Your Window Design
Often the most difficult part of planning a home improvement project is imagining how the results will look. It’s no different when installing vinyl replacement windows. It’s easy to fall in love with beautiful windows in a picture, but what will they actually look like in your house?
Many window contractors today have online tools to test the windows you want. These tools allow you to select the style, operation, hardware, and color you think you want so you can see it all together. Using the Sunrise Windows Visualizer Tool like this help you decide the best window style and color for your needs.
Some contractors might have samples and swatches to hold up in your home so you can visualize colors and finishes where they will be. Many offer a special consultant who can advise you on your choices and help you visualize what will or won’t work for your specific home either with a computer program or samples.
Working with an experienced contractor is the best way to ensure you get windows you love without any surprises. They can help you visualize how the vinyl replacement windows you like will look in your house as well as make sure you pick the features you want like extra energy efficiency or easy to open mechanisms.
Restorations Windows Offer Gorgeous Options
At Kelly Window & Door, we’re proud to carry premium vinyl replacement windows by Restorations®. There are a limited number of dealers that can offer this brand. This isn’t to restrict your options, but to ensure only the most qualified dealers carry and install it. Restorations is known for taking vinyl windows beyond basic. You can see a brief description of their options below, or go in depth on their website.
Combining energy-efficiency and noise reduction, these windows offer up to a 27% wider glass viewing area, so you can really enjoy the view! Plus, they were rated by Energy Star as the Most Efficient Window.
You can add character to your windows by choosing V-Groove glass styles. These are available in stunning geometric and organic patterns to add a touch of style to your home. Restorations windows also have gorgeous designer glass options that can fit your contemporary or traditional look. You can even add color!
These vinyl windows have soft, rounded edges, so you don’t have to settle for the typical clunky, boxy look. Customize the interior color or woodgrain finish to compliment your home’s trim. Whether you pick a warmer tan color or clean white trim, you get to choose the look and feel of your windows — even your hardware, casement, and awning finishes.
No one likes cleaning windows over and over. Add SolarClean onto your Restorations windows! Your windows will clean themselves with the sun’s UV rays, keeping them cleaner longer. And yes, SolarClean still works on cloudy days too!
Love having a clear view? All Restorations windows come with OptiView. OptiView is a sheer screen that gives you better airflow, bug protection, and curb appeal.
Other optional products for your windows are PetTough screens and SunBlinds. PetTough screens are made of a durable, vinyl-coated polyester. They resist damage by your dogs or cats while still being pet-friendly.
With SunBlinds, you never have to clean! They are adjustable mini-blinds that are sealed between the panes of glass. If you love style without the maintenance, these blinds are a great option.
Why Choose a Sunrise Certified Dealer
Not all window contractors are created equal. When hiring someone for a home improvement project, you want to make sure they are fully qualified for the job, otherwise, you might come to regret it. But how do you know that a contractor fits your high standards?
Look at their certifications. For instance, Kelly Window & Door is a Sunrise Certified Dealer. This means we are authorized to sell premium Sunrise Window products. These are the best quality vinyl replacement windows due to their superior material and features.
Sunrise windows are extremely energy-efficient, giving you consistent indoor temperatures. They are also designed to let in more natural light while protecting you from the elements and have a large selection of different types of glass to suit your needs.
Sunrise windows are durable and long-lasting. They include an anti-moisture penetration system to prevent water damage. Sunrise also offers an extended product warranty that exceeds the industry standard. However, most of our customers don’t need it. In our experience, Sunrise window products have fewer warranty claims than most window brands.
In addition to phenomenal products, there are other benefits to working with a Sunrise Certified Dealer:
- Products arrive on time
- Great contractor-vendor relationship
- Experienced, streamlined installation
When you work with a Sunrise Certified Dealer, you simply get better results. You not only get an excellent product but excellent service as well. At Kelly Window & Door, we strive to give each customer an excellent experience while we install only the finest windows for their home. That’s why we are proud to work with a trusted vendor like Sunshine Windows.
Stress-Free Window Installation
Old windows have an expiration date. They get drafty, stick, break, or just look ugly. Soon your energy bill is climbing and you’re embarrassed by your bad windows.
No one should live with failing windows. You and your home deserve better. If your windows have seen better days and now frustrate you, Kelly Window & Door can help. We make the process of selecting and installing vinyl replacement windows a breeze.
Kelly Window & Door carries the finest Sunrise vinyl windows so you get all the benefits the material has to offer. We offer free estimates and no-pressure consultations. We’ll work with you to find the perfect windows for your home and install them with expert craftsmanship. We work fast and efficiently and clean up after ourselves. Between our high standards of work and the quality products we offer, you’ll enjoy beautiful windows for as long as you are in your home.
Our customers love the value we give them with vinyl replacement windows. Just read our reviews to learn why we’re your trusted local window contractor. We have the solutions to all of your window problems, and we get the job done right every time. If you’re ready to upgrade your bad windows for exceptional vinyl replacement windows, request a free consultation today and get ready to enjoy all the benefits of new windows!
Recent Window Replacement Articles:
- Why Visiting Kelly Window and Door’s Showroom is Beneficial for Choosing the Right Windows and Doors for Your Home
- Everything to Know About Low-E Glass Windows (And How to Pick Them)
- 6 Benefits of a Factory-Finished Entry Door
- Should I Repair or Replace My Windows?
- Maximize Your Home’s Curb Appeal this Winter
- How to Modernize Your Entry Door with Simulated Divided Panels
- How to Choose the Best Windows for a Bungalow-Style Home
- 12 Maintenance Tasks for Homeowners to Check Off This Fall
- 5 Ways to Determine if Your Wood Entry Door Frame Is Rotting
- 8 Ways to Cheer up Your Home with a Garden Window