Charming, relaxing Bungalow homes are designed with a mix of materials to give them an eclectic look homeowners love and guests admire. With the Craftsman Bungalow being the most popular type, this home’s unique, artistic features liven up its diverse aesthetics and personalize it. So, which direction do you go if you need new windows for your Bungalow?
It’s important to maintain the eclectic, historic appeal by selecting windows that fit with the home’s style and deliver the energy savings you deserve from new windows.
Iconic Bungalow homes call for the perfect choice in new windows. Let’s dive in and learn the top performers when it comes to style and beauty for your Bungalow.
Brighten Your Bungalow Style Home with New Windows
New windows bring natural light into your Bungalow that makes it cheerful, cozy, and welcoming.
What Is a Bungalow Style Home?
American Bungalow style homes were made popular in the early 1900s. They are one or one-and-a-half-story (often historic) homes with stone or brick accents, a low-pitched roof, and a large front porch.
Stylish Window Choices for Your Bungalow
It’s important to choose windows that are more vertical than horizontal to enhance overall style and function.
Bungalow-style homes were built with traditional double-hung windows. As the most popular window style in America, these windows still look fabulous, function with ease, and deliver a perfect fit for your Bungalow style home. Their top features include:
- Easy to clean—The tilt-in feature of double-hung windows make this ideal for cleaning regardless of where they are located in your home.
- Ventilation—Double-hung windows open from the top and the bottom, so you can create the opportunity for air to circulate—bringing refreshing outdoor air inside and escorting indoor air out the window.
- Low maintenance—These high-performing, durable windows are known for their strength and require little to no repair work. Simply keep them clean, and you’ll be thrilled with them for years to come.
Another popular choice for Bungalow style homes, casement windows deliver style that enhances curb appeal and therefore drives up the value of your home. Their perks include:
- Versatility—These windows can be arranged in groups, giving the look of one large window. Traditionally, three casement windows can be combined together to create a prominent gable feature.
- Ease of use—Casement windows are hinged on one side and open outward with a crank. This practical feature makes them super easy to use.
- Greater views—The massive glass on casement windows deliver a larger area to gaze out while taking in the view.
This non-traditional window option for your Bungalow style home makes way for more light to teem into your home, lifting the atmosphere each and every day. It’s a refreshing fit for a Bungalow style home as it frames a gathering place in your kitchen where you can make memories to last a lifetime. Another option is to add a bay window to your bedroom and create a cozy reading nook to enjoy. Its features include:
- Customizable—You can choose which panes are fixed and which can be opened.
- Configuration—A bay window is a great alternative to the triple-casement window option.
- Natural light—There’s nothing more uplifting than natural light inside your home, and bay windows deliver plenty of it!
Awning windows are ideal in the kitchen. The flexibility of the window’s design gives you extra ventilation when you are cooking or baking. One of the most practical things about awning windows is their versatility. Other features include:
- Ventilation—Awning windows are hinged on the top and open upward. They usher in delightful fresh air even when it’s raining outside! The operable sash of an awning window tilts outward up to 45 degrees. Because they open from the bottom out, you can still use them when it’s moist outside.
- Flexibility—These windows can be positioned in spaces where other windows don’t work—like your basement. They are also exceptional window choices for bathrooms.
- Design—When paired with double-hung windows, you can create a distinct design that adds personality to your home.
A classic feature of a Bungalow style home is a dormer window, and they offer versatility in their function. They can be used as an accessory piece to add curb appeal, or they can be totally functional within your attic space. Here are their perks:
- Customization—Choose from dormer window style options to get the best look for your home.
- Attractiveness—Dormer windows bring out the beauty in your home’s curb appeal, adding visual interest to your dwelling and increasing its value.
A key to adding style is not limited to windows. Consider adding grilles to serve as a decorative element to your windows and enhance your home’s overall look.
Upgrade Your Bungalow Style Home with Attractive Windows
You deserve the beauty and function new windows deliver. And the energy savings and refreshing views will wow you for years after you replace your windows.
At Kelly Window and Door, we take time and attention to detail when installing your new windows, so you get the performance they were designed to deliver over their lifetime.
We install premium-made windows and doors from the finest manufacturers, including Sunrise Windows, Restoration Windows, and ProVia Doors. These reputable companies make the top-of-the-line windows and doors you desire, and their reliability will give you peace of mind as you invest in them.
Take a moment to dream a little about the benefits of new windows for your home, and while you’re at it, give us a call so we can help you find the best fit for your needs.
Get a free window estimate.