An entry door is a cost-effective upgrade that packs a punch in the areas of curb appeal, home value, security, and energy efficiency. The front door to your home welcomes guests with warmth. It creates the appeal you desire for your family and friends from the moment they approach your home.
A variety of factors go into selecting the optimal entry door and its color, and if your home is brick, you have fixed elements that come into play. First impressions last, and it’s important that the focal point of your home—your front door—says exactly what you want it to say to your guests: welcome!
Here are some tips on gaining the most beauty from the hue you choose for your front door.
3 Considerations to Choosing the Perfect Entry Door Color for Your Brick Home
There are some basics you should know when selecting your door color.
This is a great place to start when choosing your entry door’s color. If your home is Traditional, conservative colors like black, gray, and white work well. If your home is Contemporary, Coastal, or Craftsman, expand your palette to add a lively look with a more vibrant color.
2. Brick Color
When looking for an entry door color, gravitate toward hues that contrast with your brick color. A contrasting color makes your front door stand out and gives visual interest to your home’s curb appeal. Your door color should sit opposite from your home’s brick color on the color wheel. For example, a green front door contrasts perfectly with a red brick home. A blue door contrasts well with orange brick.
3. Shutter and Trim Color
When you have a brick home, your door should match or complement your trim and shutter color. Avoid colors that clash with your brick, and don’t try to match the brick’s color.
Top Color Choices for Your Brick Home’s Entry Door
A variety of hues work well with brick homes.
- Neutrals— If you want to accent your brick home’s beauty without competing with it, brown or taupe pairs nicely with brick for a classic look. Neutrals are also great colors if your home is going on the market because they appeal to the taste of many different people.
- Classic Black—Red brick homes pair well with a chic black entry door. This timeless look gives a home a traditional feel. Select a high-gloss black door to bring out the best in your home’s looks, and ensure a notable contrast between the brick and front door color to coordinate the look.
- Soothing Purple—Brick homes with dark trim can look fabulous with a calming color like purple on the front door. Enhance a purple front door with a splash of purple flowers in the front yard to tie this look together gorgeously.
- Bold Red—Brick homes look fabulous with a rich, bold, red front door.
- Periwinkle Blue—A periwinkle blue front door can bring a fresh, uplifting look to your brick home.
- Classic White—Brick homes done in faded earth tones look fabulous with a classic white entry door.
- Medium Gray—A home covered in deep red brick looks gorgeous with a neutral medium gray front door. Gray without a lot of undertones won’t clash with the warmth of bold red brick.
- Hunter Green—For an earthy vibe, consider pairing your red brick home with a hunter green front door to tie it in with the greenery that surrounds your home. This says “welcome” and embraces your guests with warmth.
- Sunny Yellow—A brick home looks bright and vibrant with a sunny yellow door. It’s a cheerful color that brings joy in an instant, and perfectly complements the hues in a brick home. Add some yellow roses to your front yard for a finished look.
Choosing an entry door color can seem like a simple task, but when you realize how important it is to get it right, it may feel a bit daunting. Take a look at our tips on finding the perfect color for your front door, and get the door color you’ll love for years to come.
Entry Door Replacement
Boost your home’s security and beauty with a new entry door. ProVia doors are customized with the highest standards of durability, security, and energy efficiency. Choose from fiberglass or steel front doors, available in custom sizes and finishes. Customize your door to fit your needs, and bring out the best in your home.
Get gorgeous hardware that bolsters your home’s security. ProVia’s factory-applied paint or stain improves the quality and longevity of your door’s finish. And their finishes not only look beautiful, but also come with a 7-10 year warranty against flaking, blistering, or peeling. Their process includes a proprietary pre-paint and stain prep, and oven-curing that ensures the finish will adhere firmly and last for years to come.
Give Your Home a Gorgeous Upgrade with a New Entry Door
At Kelly Window and Door, we understand how frustrating it can feel to have a faulty, old, worn-out entry door. For nearly 27 Years, we’ve provided homeowners with over 4,000 successful installations using products we believe in. When you choose our company, you can be confident your entry door was installed by a caring team of certified professionals. And each door we install comes with an outstanding warranty.
Get peace of mind that your home is well protected with a secure, new entry door. Love your home again with a front door that enhances your home’s curb appeal and welcomes family and friends. Get inspired by taking a look at our door gallery. Our reliable team is ready to serve you.