Entry door curb appeal matters, particularly during the holidays. Its silent charm beckons family and friends to gather in your home and welcomes them to your abode. Spruce up your front entry door with holiday cheer. It’s easier than you think!
Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Greenery and holly berries
The bright contrast of candy apple red holly berries against greenery says “welcome” during the holidays with class and cheer. Outline your entry door with a simple garland of greenery with a splash of holly berries throughout.
A holiday stocking adds a great focal point to your entry door curb appeal, so bring the indoor cheer outside by mounting a Christmas stocking on your entry door.
Add a couple of lanterns on either side of your front door to bring a festive feel to your entryway.
4. Christmas tree
Bring a live, potted evergreen to your front porch and decorate it with ornaments to create a joyful atmosphere on the way into your home. Choose either light blues and silver or reds and whites to bring on the holiday cheer.
5. Combine silver and gold for a glitzy look
With the backdrop of a hearty green wreath, add both silver and gold ornaments to your door wreath to bring a classic look to your holiday welcome. Hearty greenery can also be used to frame your entry door, and when you add more silver and gold ornaments to your garland, it will help your guests step into the holiday spirit before they even set foot inside your home.
6. Make holiday planters
Grab a great looking planter or two and add some greens like cedar, boxwood, and pine to create a holiday bouquet. Add some bright red holly berries, and a few pine cones to the arrangements, and you’re off to a great start on welcoming guests.
7. Spice up a basic wreath
Take a basic green wreath and add fresh pine to it to bring on the holiday welcome. Hang it with a shiny white, red, or gold ribbon to spruce up your entry door curb appeal.
8. Add some twinkle with LEDs
Regardless of what you choose to decorate your entry door with, if you add some LEDs, you’ll present an unforgettable holiday glow once it gets dark out each evening.
9. Add a pop of seasonal color
A big red bow can be added to your outdoor planters to bring a fun pop of holiday color to your front porch.
10. Unlit candles with greenery
A few unlit white candles placed on a painted box can be highlighted with greenery and a swath of red ribbon for a touch of welcoming warmth.
11. Vintage wagon cart
Place a small artificial Christmas tree in a vintage wagon cart, then add a hand painted welcome sign to the cart with a warm holiday greeting on it.
12. Bring out the baskets
Add fresh evergreen clippings to a basket, then a splash of color with a plaid red ribbon to spark visual interest on your front porch.
13. Cranberry wreath
A punch of red on your front door, by way of a gorgeous cranberry wreath anchored with a few hanging pinecones, can let the holiday fun start on your front porch before the festivities even begin.
Benefits of Updating Your Entry Door
An old entry door can become faulty and leaky, leaving your home drafty and uncomfortable. Updating your entry door will ensure your home is well insulated so you have indoor comfort year-round, particularly during the holidays.
Here are some of the benefits to updating your home with a new entry door:
- Improve your home’s energy efficiency – Enjoy savings on your utilities bills with the added energy efficiency of a new entry door.
- Enhance your home’s comfort – Ditch the uncomfortable drafts that once greeted you indoors. Enjoy indoor comfort with the cozy advantage of a new entry door.
- Brighten your home’s looks – Take advantage of the instant curb appeal a new entry door creates, and lift your home’s looks to a new level.
- Express your personal style – Choose from fiberglass, wood, or steel entry doors in various styles to get the perfect look for your home. Get the glass package that makes you smile, and the hardware that ensures your door safeguards you from intruders while looking fabulous.
- Enjoy a cost-effective upgrade – A new entry door is one of the most cost-effective ways to upgrade your home.
The Important Purposes of Your Entry Door
Your entry door doesn’t just allow you to enter your home; it also serves some additional important purposes:
- Welcoming warmth—Your front door adds warmth and welcome to your home.
- Secure protection—Your entry door keeps you and your loved ones well protected from intruders.
- Exceptional beauty—Your entry door curb appeal will add a pop of color to your home and a pleasant focal point for guests to enjoy.
- Protection from elements—Your entry door shields your home from severe weather, extreme temperatures, and moisture.
Why Homeowners Choose Kelly Window and Door
At Kelly Window and Door, we install beautiful ProVia Doors—a top entry door manufacturer in the industry. We don’t give estimates—instead we offer exact price quotes so you know how to plan ahead. As local business owners, we’re dedicated to providing the highest level of service to homeowners.
Take a look at our door gallery and get inspired about how a new entry door can beautify your home